MFA Security Solutions, registered office 25 Vivian Terrace, Edinburgh, Scotland,
Use of your personal data
This notice sets out the way in which we will handle any personal data that you provide to us and will be processed by us. We are committed to protecting your privacy and take our responsibilities regarding the privacy of your information very
Data you can expect to provide us with and how we will process it
We require certain information to begin providing you with a service. We will use this information to provide the services requested, maintain guarantee records and, where applicable, provide you with a yearly maintenance reminder. The data we will collect will include your name, business name (if installation takes place on a business premise), telephone number(s), postal address and email address. If your
security system is monitored, we will require the names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of your nominated key holders. We will never ask for your bank
account, credit or debit card details.
Storage of your data and how long will your data be stored
Your data will be stored in the United Kingdom only and will be accessed by employees of MFA Security Solutions for the purpose of accounting, and maintenance of your security system. We will keep your personal data for as long as
we have a reasonable business need such as satisfying any legal, accounting, workmanship or equipment manufacturing guarantees.
Third Parties we share your information with
We are an SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board) accredited company. As part of that accreditation we are obliged to provide you with a Certificate of Conformity for your alarm system. We are required to share your
personal details with SSAIB on issuing that certificate. Details of how the SSAIB use your information can be found here https://ssaib.org/page/privacy-policy—home-owner
There may be circumstances where we will be required to discuss aspects of your installation with our system support partners, and where system monitoring is required, our designated central monitoring station and Police Scotland. We will clearly explain this to you in advance of any of these scenarios occurring. We do not, under any circumstances, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
We will not use your data for Marketing purposes. Out with this, we will not share your details with any other third party unless there is an emergency situation that requires it or we are legally required to do so.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us
continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for
example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Your right to complain
You can also obtain advice, guidance or lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as follows:-
Visit the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk.
Telephone on 0303 123 113. During Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
Our head office:-
MFA Security Solutions
25 Vivian Terrace
Edinburgh, EH4 5AW
Telephone on 0131 477 1296 or 07595 024 373.
Changes to this privacy notice
aware of what information we collect, how we use it and in what circumstances we
disclose it. This privacy notice was last updated on 22 May 2018.